Hydraulic Swing Check Valve are the most widely used valves that allow fluid to flow in one direction in a hydraulic system and prevent reversal of liquid flow. That is why the name the “check valve”. In other words, this device is installed in a pipe so that the water does not flow backwards inside the pipe. There is a mechanism inside the pipe which moves according to the flow of the water towards the valve, and when required, the mechanism plugs up the valve opening so that there is no flow of water backwards.
Hydraulic valves are used for different reasons such as follows:
- The vital role they play is that they prevent flooding if there is extreme back flow of water running through the pipes.
- They prevent the damage of the machine from water flowing the wrong direction.
- When the machine is turned off, the valve helps in preventing the fluid from flowing back in the wrong direction. In return, they save power and also protect the pipes from water damage.
- They allow liquid flow in one direction.
- They control fluid pressure.
There are different designs available in hydraulic valves like ball, plunger, swinging disc, and poppet. Depending on the application area, the size and shape varies. These check valves are used in industrial applications that require hydraulic pumps, like in automotive braking systems, vehicles, construction tools, including city water and sewer Wafer Check Valv esystems.